My Book and My Blogs
Moment to Moment: The Transformative Power of Everyday Life
My first, and at this time, only book, Moment to Moment: The Transformative Power of Everyday Life, was released Fall of 2013 by Morehouse Publishing. This book is about the power of everyday life to transform us, and is ideal both for individual use or small group study. In 2013, it was awarded Spirituality and Health’s Top 100 Books of the Year. It is available from Amazon and Cokesbury. I also keep a few copies in the office if you are close enough to stop by or want one autographed and shipped to you.
With my friend and colleague, Rhea Merck, Ph.D., I write a blog called messymarvelous. This is a skill-based blog designed to help make your messy life more marvelous. We try to share some of the lessons life has taught us along the way, and we also try to offer some professional help to you, for free. You can subscribe by clicking here.
My 5 most popular blogs have been:
Blogging & Publications
Before messymarvelous, I was blogging here. It’s been a few years, but you might find some of these helpful… maybe just plain fun. I am hoping to get back to this blog soon!
I have been published in several other online venues, including BuildFaith.org and the Episcopal Diocese of Upper South Carolina’s bi-weekly e-zine. Award winning entries have included:
- 2007 Award of Excellence “Spiritual Direction Journey.” Crosswalk, Epiphany, 2006.
- 2008 Award of Merit “Anything but the Kitchen Sink.” Devotional/Inspirational
- 2008 Honorable Mention “Love with Wild Abandon.” Devotional/Inspirational
- 2009 Award of Excellence “Election Panic.” Editorial/Commentary
- 2010 Award of Excellence “Failing Lent.” Devotional/Inspirational
- 2010 Honorable Mention “Evangelism.” Devotional/Inspirational
- 2013 Top 100 Books by Spirituality and Health